Saturday, February 5, 2011

Namsan

Namsan (South Mountain) Park is the home of N Seoul Tower, which boasts the best view of the city in Seoul. My Frommer's South Korea book tells me that Namsan was one of the main defensive posts for Seoul and that the fragments of wall I saw while hiking up to the tower entrance were built in 1396. That's one tough wall, considering all the sieges it has seen.

The view was somewhat underwhelming because the observatory deck was entirely inside and the windows were smeared with the hand and face prints of those that came before us. It was pretty though and the experience was well worth my 8000 won.
The tower from the bus stop.

The windows were REALLY dirty.

Home.
Namsan is a very popular date night destination, city lights being romantic as they are. However, young lovers also go for the locks.



I went clutching a little lock also but with a different kind of love in my heart. I've been missing many of you readers back home lately. If I could have done a lock for each and everyone one of my loved ones, I would have. Alas, I'm not made of money.  The following photo essay is a tribute to my friendship with ZASE, but I think everyone will enjoy it.
Found the perfect spot.

Sealing the deal.

Sorry guys, you can't get out of this friendship.

I could have used a spoonful of sugar to help those keys go down.

BAM! 

Oh! Also, N Seoul Tower has the best bathroom in Korea. They call it the "sky toilet." It's clean, western style, stylish, and stocked with all the conveniences of home ( TP, hot water, liquid soap, and paper towels!)
Dry those hands, Lina Bean!

1 comments:

Josh said...

Wait...tell me you didn't really swallow that key. Oh, right, you can't swallow pills...nevermind. :)

Regardless, looks like an awesome place. Miss you lots.

Post a Comment