Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Welcome to Ulsan

At the beginning of March I moved to Ulsan. That's here:

View Larger Map

I really like the city. It's one of the larger cities in Korea but it's not overwhelming. I can get just about anywhere I need to go in a 10-20 minute taxi ride. I don't find shopping as easy as it was near Seoul but that's probably a good thing.  Ulsan is a vast improvement on Uijeongbu if only for it's green space. Ulsan has several large parks, walking paths along the river, beaches, and even a waterfall (which I have yet to find, but my students tell me is really nice.)

I really like my school. It's a really tiny school by square-footage, but over 400 students pass through he halls everyday. The students are wicked smart and some of my classes are really fun. My co-workers are all really cool and helpful. Overall, Toplus is a good egg.

Photo time!

This is my apartment building. As soon as I clean I'll take pictures of the inside. 
My street is terribly exciting.
This is the elementary school near my apartment. Many of my students go here.
As a result, I can't leave my apartment without responding to excited
shouts of " SARAH TEACHER!!!"


The main street where my school is.

I teach on the second floor of this building. Lotteria is on the first floor. It's like a knock-off of McDonald's, but, like most Korean fast food, it sucks.

This is Ulsan University, where I sometimes go to my Korean class. More on this soon.

There's a river literally in my back yard. More on this later too.


Here is my friend, Jeff, modeling the bamboo grove along the river.
 I like to run through the bamboo and pretend I'm Pocahontas.


A walk along the river at night.
These are my co-workers! We went bowling. I'm still bad a bowling, but it was fun.
More on team building in another post. 


 So, there's a sample of Ulsan. In the next post, I'll be sharing my awesome day trip to Korea's largest cherry blossom festival.

0 comments:

Post a Comment